Changing refrigerator lamp...

Hi all,
The lamp inside my old (93') Whirlpool refrigerator got broken. Which lamp should I buy to replace it?
Thanks in advance Sammy

Take it out, bring it to the hardware store, and ask for a replacement appliance lamp, or look for an appliance lamp that has the same wattage (should be on the bulb) and base size.

I already checked the old bulb. It is impossible to read any marks on it nor voltage nor wattage. That is why I'm asking in this newsgroup. I already tryed by using a 127V bulb but it does not light. May be somebody knows which bulbs used to use old Whirlpool refigerators...
SammyBar wrote:

Hmmm, Maybe problem is something else then.
SammyBar wrote:

Hmmm, Maybe problem is not the lamp then, checked the (interlock door)switch?

So it means any 127V bulb should work? I don't like the idea of disarming anything to reach the switch. My father-in-law will not allow me to do so. He is the actual owner of the refrigerator...

Ask the Whirlpool parts dept. at 1-800-253-1301 Look up your model number first. If you don't know where it is, see here: http://www.applianceaccessories.com/modelnumber.asp

40 watt appliance bulb available everywhere. They usually come on a blister card and are marked with the wattage and say "Appliance Bulb". Any hardware store, KMart, Walmart etc, etc.
NickySantoro wrote:

If you have the old bulb that came out of the fridge, put it in a lamp. If it lights, it's something else in your fridge.