Changing refrigerator lamp...

Hi all,

The lamp inside my old (93') Whirlpool refrigerator got broken. Which lamp should I buy to replace it?

Thanks in advance Sammy

Reply to
SammyBar

Take it out, bring it to the hardware store, and ask for a replacement appliance lamp, or look for an appliance lamp that has the same wattage (should be on the bulb) and base size.

Reply to
Abe

I already checked the old bulb. It is impossible to read any marks on it nor voltage nor wattage. That is why I'm asking in this newsgroup. I already tryed by using a 127V bulb but it does not light. May be somebody knows which bulbs used to use old Whirlpool refigerators...

Reply to
SammyBar

Hmmm, Maybe problem is something else then.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hmmm, Maybe problem is not the lamp then, checked the (interlock door)switch?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Ask the Whirlpool parts dept. at 1-800-253-1301 Look up your model number first. If you don't know where it is, see here:

Abe

So it means any 127V bulb should work? I don't like the idea of disarming anything to reach the switch. My father-in-law will not allow me to do so. He is the actual owner of the refrigerator...

Reply to
SammyBar

40 watt appliance bulb available everywhere. They usually come on a blister card and are marked with the wattage and say "Appliance Bulb". Any hardware store, KMart, Walmart etc, etc.
Reply to
NickySantoro

If you have the old bulb that came out of the fridge, put it in a lamp. If it lights, it's something else in your fridge.

Reply to
Steve Henderson