changing fluorescent lighting fixutre

I've had my husband change many light fixtures (lucky guy) but before I ask him to change an ugly ceiling fixture to a normal one I'm wondering how difficult it is.

Reply to
jgregory82

The most difficult part is having to repaint the ceiling because the new fixture doesn't cover where the old one did. Other than that, it's a snap.

Lena

Reply to
Lena

Old existing wire can be damaged due to the heat produced by the light over years, It can be a 10 minute job or all day if there are bad wires.

Reply to
m Ransley

why not really annoy him with a request for a ceiling fan for a ceiling with no electrical box and knob-and-tube wiring? :) actually you will find a 300 watt floor lamp torchiere with dimmer is a perfect adjustable illumination lamp for everything from tv viewing to reading when placed next to the new la-z-boy recliner loveseat you owe him already! :)

buffalobill

He's already got that in the basement with a built-in 55" HDTV. Now you know why I make him change light fixtures..

Reply to
jgregory82

Thanks for your help. The fixture is only 3 years old so I'm hoping there won't be too many swear words coming from him that day!

Reply to
jgregory82