Changing Building Materials to Metric

Page 6 of 6

Some time ago I was in a UK grocery store at the deli counter and wanted to buy some sliced ham. Clever boy that I was, I ask for a 1/4 kilo, expecting to get about 1/2 pound. Deli person looked at me funny and said "how many slices do you want?"
Sometimes you just can't win.
On 1/1/2014 2:51 PM, philo wrote:

Google Groups seems to be purposely trying to screw up Usenet in some way. Old posts are popping up all over. Done to the tune of "June Is Bustin' Out All Over". ^_^
TDD
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 15:33:41 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Yes and many, including some long-time posters here, are perfectly happy to help them.