Change in current electrical setup, possible?

Currently I have a hallway with 2 3 way switches that comtrol a light in the hallway and a light in a seperate room.

I want to change that so there is a seperate set of 3 way switches that control the hallway and a seperate set of 3 way switches that control the room, but will be on the same electrical line. I hope that made some sort of sense...

Is it possible to do that from the current configuration?

Thanks

Travis

Reply to
Home Repair

Of course, anything is possible if you are willing to throw enough money at it.

Chances are if the present installation was done in the most usual fashion that you even if you are able to separate the leads to the two lights you won't have enough "traveler" wires going between the two switch locations to let you add two more 3-way switches.

So, you'll be in for some wire pulling and prolly some associated wall/ceiling busting to get the job done in a workmanlike and code passing manner.

HTH

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Cool, the wire pulling isnt a problem since the hallway and room are in the unfinished part of the basement...I figured i would have to spend the money for wires, boxes and switches

Thanks for the information

Travis

Reply to
Home Repair