Change Faucet Spout Only?

I have a new faucet in my deep sink in the laundry room. The problem is, the bucket does not fit under it, so I need to raise the spout part. The current spout moves left or right, and there is a nut that appears to hold the spout, so would it be possible to change the spout only, without extensive work?