Champion toilet

I have a champion toilet with a leaky flush valve. The toilet is less than a year old. I have another champion toilet that I got a few years ago and it leaked after I got it too. I had to get new O-rings for it. The O-rings on the new one are blue and the design of the flush valve has been changed since the last one I installed. I bought the thing at HD and naturally they don't have replacement O rings. Neither does Lowes or anyone else I can think of. Where can I get parts for these things?
Jimmie

I think I found their customer service number on their website (do a search) and they shipped me parts at no cost to me since I am the original owner. I've had it two years and the spring clip that holds the hose in the standpipe got lost (?!?) and neither of the Borgs or hardware stores had it. THey were quite nice about it.
C & E wrote:

Did you by any chance try to get the updated flush valve to which the OP referred?
They did send me some replacement rings (I'm not sure I would call them "O-rings," because they do not have a circular cross-section), but they did not last -- became "flabby" after just a few months. HOWEVER, I have found that the rings dry out quite quickly and can be reinstalled and will last for a few months more.
Perce

I didn't know enough to ask and they weren't dumb enough to offer any free goods. ;-)

I'm impressed. Who did they beat out to become the champ? Mine never won any awards.

american stanard is o longer made in the US........

*You didn't learn your lesson from the first time?

When I replaced the flush valve on my Champion with the newer style, I got the parts from a local plumbing supply house. Forget HD or Lowes.
Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerd at carolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd wrote:

How much? And how extensively did you have to pull the thing apart to fit the new flush valve?
BTW, and item on the radio a couple of days ago reported that the best toilet they tested was an Australian one whose name I didn't catch; Australia has been requiring 1gpf toilets for the last 30 years already -- but I don't know which gallons they mean (real ones or the skimpy US ones), because Australia hasn't used gallons of any kind for decades.
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

As it turned out, I got it under warranty and didn't pay a dime. As for the installation, I had to remove the tank so I could get to the underside. The whole job took 15 minutes or so. I spent a lot more time finding the parts than doing the work.
If you can mount a tank on a toilet, this job shouldn't tax your abilities.
I had a lot of difficulty even finding a part number so I happened to save the bag the parts came in. The kit even includes a wrench to tighten the valve with. You'll want a "Champion 4 Flush Valve Assembly", #3174.002-0070A and a "Kit 241 F/Closed Coupled Champion 2 PC" - #738756-0070A. The first is the valve itself and the second is to seal the valve against the toilet so it doesn't leak between the toilet and the tank.
The toilet works great. If I had any criticism at all, it's that it doesn't rinse the walls of the bowl as much as some I've seen. But I believe it could easily swallow a bucket of golf balls without choking.
Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerd at carolina.rr.com
JIMMIE wrote:

Call American Standard and ask if you can update your champion to a champion 4. I see lots of bad reviews for the older ones but my champion 4 kicks ass. It flushes in about 1 second. If you like to watch stuff swirl around the bowl before it goes down you won't like it. It flushes almost as good as a commercial pressurized one.
JIMMIE wrote:

I saw replacement rings at Menard's today -- also an after-market flush valve specifically for the Champion and one particular Mansfield model; only $6.99.
Perce