Chamberlin Genie garage door openers

How far away can you operate the remote from your car and have the door open?
My Stanley openers finally quite and I could only open it about 30 ft from the door some days I had to be almost 10ft away.
I can't decide on a Genie fast open ( screw drive) or the belt drive Chamberlain.
The screw drive slings grease on the outside of the door.
Thanks
Tom

That sounds like someone using the wrong grease. I have never had a problem.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
There are units that can operate the door from 1500' away, http://www.new-garage-door-parts.com/albano.html but from a safety standpoint you should be within visual distance from the door. Personally, I would go for the Chamberlain operator.

I bought the Chamberlain, because of the fact that that's its belt driven and quiet, and stayed away from the Genie because I don't want a line of grease on the outside of the door from the rotation of the screw drive.
Tom