Chamberlain GDO is dead, again.

My Chamberlain 1265 stopped working a few weeks ago. You guys gave me advice about what could be wrong, so I opened it up and found nothing obvious. However, when I touched the capacitor, it suddenly started working again. It worked for a few weeks; but is dead now.
I suppose I can try touching the capacitor again, but there has to be a better fix. I didn't move anything, so I don't think it was a loose wire.
Chamberlain say it is because something went past something else, but that doesn't explain why touching the capacitor fixed it.
Thanks.

You could have a cold solder joint on the capacitor. Get a magnifier and look closely for oxidation or cracking at the joint. I used to have a Chamberlain remote keypad on my garage door and it was *real* picky about moisture. If it rained a few days you could count on it acting up. ..... good luck, Ross