Chalk line - how to use it?

Page 2 of 2
Hi, everyone:
Thanks for all the discussion. This is indeed a small shed, 20X14. The roof is just a simple slanted deck with no valleys or anything else.
I don't know the term for it, But if you took a flat piece of plywood and then just tilted it up at the long end a bit, that's what we have....a sloping piece of roof.
The original roof was shingles, but my husband at the time took them off when they started to leak and replaced it all with felt and roll roofing. I remember helping at the time and it was a pretty simple job.
However, it started to leak last spring. A few different roofers all said it had been face-nailed and they were surprised it lasted the 10 years without a problem.
They all said it should be shingled and while one roofer said it should be all torn off and started over, the other two said it would be easier to just put shingles on top of the roll roof, which is in good shape, except, I guess where the nails are allowing water to penetrate.
Tina

If it's tilted more than about 1" every two feet, then it's called (amazingly enough) A "Shed" roof. As opposed to a "gable" roof, which looks like a monopoly house, or a "gambrel" roof, which looks like a fisher-price barn.
I don't know why people are recommending shingles, though, roll roofing should be fine. If I understand correctly, one just glues down the lower edge, and nails the upper edge where it will be covered by the next row. I mean, shingles will work, as long as the roof is tilted enough (more than 1" in 12) but it seems like more work.