Chainsaw Stops running

Page 2 of 2
replying to Matt, Wes wrote:

I have a Poulan saw with the same problem. I had it tuned up, with replacement of filters and such. No change. I put STP gas treatment through on top of stabilized fuel. No change. Today, when the problem came up again, it occurred to me that fuel starvation might happen if the fuel being pulled out of the gas tank isn't being replaced by air. So I loosened the gas cap, retightened it, and the problem disappeared. For the rest of the working session, I simply loosened and retightened the gas cap whenever I took a break or if the saw quit, and had no problem finishing the job.

--
Hold it there wild stallion maybe you have something there!!!!
Perhaps you can put Oil companies out of business