Chainsaw Spark Plug

I cut down a few trees this past weekend and was sawing them into logs when the chainsaw stopped suddenly. I'd last used the saw in the fall and had n o problems with it. When I tried to start it again, it wouldn't and there s eemed to be less resistance to the pull than earlier. I was getting near th e end of the day anyway, so I packed up and went home.
I checked the saw and found that the spark plug was a bit loose. I tightene d it and it ran perfectly. I've never had this happen before with any small engines. I wouldn't have thought that vibrations would loosen it, as it's attached to the wire with a tight rubber boot. Has anyone ever had this hap pen to them?
Paul

"prime" the cyl with gas to try to start it.

At least one person has. Oh wait, I guess you meant besides you! :)
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
Pavel314 wrote:

Anyone here old enough to remember when spark plugs could be disassembled?
http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.html
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia