chainsaw purchase

I'm trying to decide between these four chainsaws (as I'm looking for an electric powered one that is for tree trimming as well as cutting a small evergreen tree in the front yard of the house:
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D ”4549&Ntt”4549&catalogId051&langId=-15&storeId051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN3046&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D ”6563&Ntt”6563&catalogId051&langId=-15&storeId051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN3046&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D ”4263&Ntt”4263&catalogId051&langId=-15&storeId051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN3046&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber
However, I'm having trouble finding out exactly the pros and cons of each one. The guides that I've found on google don't help me very much in terms of electric chainsaws for cutting down small trees as well as trimming the branches. Would be very much appreciated to hear about the guidelines from your experiences.
Add pictures here
✖

How about this one- (Amazon.com product link shortened)17611216&sr=8-1 Poulan Pro, 18" , 4HP on Amazon for $86. [free shipping]

I wouldn't get anything smaller than 14" if you think you ever might want to cut a tree over about 6-8" down.
I love my electric [Remington 14"- pd $40 5-6 yrs ago] especially since I might not use it for a year or so. I've cut down a couple 18" trees with it & limbed them up w/o difficulty.
It is only 1.5 hp- but I use it so infrequently I'm able to keep the chain razor sharp. I let the saw do the work and never work more than an hour at a time.
A small electric saw is *not* a big honking Stihl. . . but they are better suited to lying idle for a year, being picked up, filled with bar oil & put to work than a gas saw. When you're done, just hang it up- no gas to drain, mix or store.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖
You cannot say 'electric' and 'chainsaw' in the same sentence. You might just as well get you a good sharp bow saw. you'll be just as happy.

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D ”4549&Ntt”4549&catalogId051&langId=-15&storeId051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN3046&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D ”6563&Ntt”6563&catalogId051&langId=-15&storeId051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN3046&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D ”4263&Ntt”4263&catalogId051&langId=-15&storeId051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN3046&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber
Add pictures here
✖
Steve Barker DLT wrote:

I use bow saw and for bigger job Stihl chain saw. Many things are source of irritation in life. electric chainsaw is one of them, LOL! Bow saw gives good exercise too!
Add pictures here
✖

Electric chainsaws work just fine for light-duty pruning.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 2, 10:50 am, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Would another factor of the purchase involve the weight of the chainsaw?
Add pictures here
✖
In article

I find light weight electrics just the thing for working on top of a ladder; I can start & stop it with one hand ;)
✖
so does a good lopper.

✖
On Sat 02 Aug 2008 07:56:53p, Steve Barker DLT told us...

Indeed it does.

--
Wayne Boatwright
✖
Steve Barker DLT wrote:

but not worth digging out a 'real' chainsaw for (if you have one, which I currently don't). Until I got my electric chainsaw, I either used a sharp well-lubed bow saw (which still doesn't work worth squat on green wood- it keeps hanging up), or a demo blade in a sawzall. For this small 2/3 acre lot, and 3-4 times a year use, an electric fills the bill rather well. I wouldn't use it for production work. or on anything over maybe six inches, but they do have their place. It was an impulse purchase- 10 bucks at a yard sale, from a guy that moved into a condo, and therefore wasn't allowed to use it any more. Not sure I would pay new retail for one- the price differential between electric and a light-duty gas isn't that big- but if you find one at a yard sale or pawn shop at a good price, I'd go for it.
-- aem sends...
Add pictures here
✖

Some of those with the double compound jaws they have now look like they could cut through a railroad tie. Incredible power just through applied physics.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖
I've got a pair of Fiskers from walmart that look like a yuppified toy. Well i tell you what, they will cut through a 2.5" limb without much effort at all! I love them. i have a bracket on my ztr mower that they ride on, and if a limb gets in the way whilst mowing, it's gone and mowed over right on the spot.

✖
My Dad uses those two words in a sentence, and he's very pleased.
Depending on the size of the affected branches, a Sawzall from Harbor Freight might work very well. Sometimes their sawzall goes on sale for $20.
I used a sawzall and a lot of blades to take out a tree stump. And a lot of labor.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I have owned two electric chain saws. They were both plastic/metal POSs that ended up in the landfill. If it's small enough to be handled by an electric, a bow saw or a pole saw will do it just as good or better, and last forever. Learn how to make the cuts in their proper sequence so the branches drop where you want and don't pinch the saw.
The only electric chains saw I would consider would be a high end one on a pole, as I have some high trimming to do. The cheaper ones are crap.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖
ssylee wrote:

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D ”4549&Ntt”4549&catalogId051&langId=-15&storeId051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN3046&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D ”6563&Ntt”6563&catalogId051&langId=-15&storeId051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN3046&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D ”4263&Ntt”4263&catalogId051&langId=-15&storeId051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN3046&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber
I'd go for Stihl low noise low emission gas model. I always get frustrated with electric one.
Add pictures here
✖