Chainsaw Conversion

Page 2 of 2

Uh,................I went to the store , Lowes I think , the other day and was amazed to see just what you need. They had a Troy Built brand Weadeater head that was 4 cycle and it had interchangeable attachments including a pole saw with extebsions avainlable too.
The above piece should be just what you need I'd think.
http://www.troybuilt.com/servlet/BrandProductDetail?ID 05&CAT&SUB(#
There's the model I am talking about. However , I did not read about it and it may not be capable of much angular usage...............They have a help link on the website though, so mebbe a Q or two and you'll be set up for business.
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB
On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 00:35:05 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@INVALID.com wrote:

Had an Uncle that was a timber feller (lumberjack?) for the Railways here (.au). He would cut and saw bridge timbers. Had a whole shed full of 'broken' saws - all paid for by the g'ment. Basically he just dropped them where they stopped,, I'd say.
He never cleaned a plug, ran a rope or washed a filter. Just sharpened the saw.
Maybe his solution is your solution? Thing is,, you'll need a g'ment job to pay for the luxury? Then again like Unc,, you will have peace of mind and 'working' tools.
Buy a manual,, read it and practice the paragraphs. Thats the best advice you will get.
cheers
BTZ

Strange approach very wasteful too. My Pioneer, model no longer in production, used by an amateur, me, must be 20+ years old and apart from the odd plug and one new pull rope seems to be surviving well. Oh yes; right now the muffler is loose and I'll take few minutes to fix that before I start cutting firewood this fall. Personally I'm not very adept at sharpening the chain and occasionally also have touched a nail etc. in used lumber. So I've probably bought a few chain replacements more than a professional.
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 20:40:34 -0230, "Terry"

snip
Agreed, I did not heed the example. My (second) HomeLITE Super2XL is coming up to 15years old. Yep, I have had a new crank in it, numerous ropes and 1 rope carrier, forget how many plugs and the fuel cap has been 'homegrown' for some years. Buuut every time I aim it at a task, job done. Weighs nothing and has the grunt of a saw twice its cc build.
My first HL was stolen out of the truck. A thief of quality?
cheers
BTZ