Chain Saw Starter Spring Update

I posed a few weeks ago that the recoil spring in my chain saw starter had unsprung and that I couldn't get it coiled again. I decided to give it one more try before taking it in for repairs, so I bought a replacement coil sp ring online for about five dollars. It came coiled up to the proper size an d bound in a plastic band to prevent uncoiling. I aligned it properly in th e housing and slid off the plastic band as I eased it into place. It fit pe rfectly so I reassembled the starter unit, adjusted the tension on the cord , and it's ready to go.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314