Chain Link Fencing Systems

Hello,
I wanted to put up a chain link fence in the back yard. The purpose of this fence is mainly for security. I will have my 2 year old boy play in the back yard and want to keep child predators, rabid raccoons, dogs and such out.
What are your recommendations on the type of chain link fencing. I will more than likely go with the standard 2" mesh and 6 feet hight. But for everything else I would like some recommendations in terms of zinc coatings, gauge, fittings quality, personal experiences, horror stories etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

chain link bad choice for little kids....... their feet fit in the 2 inch mesh making a perfect climbing wall.
small mesh or mesh with privacy inserts, or if its tempoprary plain wire mesh works well. theirt feet dont fit well:)
neighbor kids could climb my fence faster than i could open gate

Check you local child molester web site for predators near you. To keep dogs from going under the fence, secure the bottom with anchors - like re-bar or concrete. Don't leave trash canisters as a raccoon invitation.
Finally, stay with the child when he is in the yard.