CFL vs Incandescent

Not at all. My oldest are no more than 2 years old. The most recent were purchased within the past 2 months.

Reply to
Mitch

I have new HDs that take minutes

Reply to
ransley

You may try replacing some of the CFL floods with Philips Halogena "Energy Saver" floods, available at Home Depot. Yesterday, I saw 40 watt ones (60-65 watt equivalent) in 2 different sizes. The larger size is BR30 (3.75 inch diameter).

They are not nearly as efficient as CFLs, but they are more efficient than ordinary incandescents. And they are dimmable.

I somewhat remember (I hope correctly) that floods are not affected by the upcoming ban.

Don Klipstein

Most CFLs that have outer bulbs have a serious need for warmup - often starting at 1/4 of full brightness or less, and needing a good minute or two to reach full brightness.

Ones with bare tubing usually start brighter and warm up more quickly. But that generally excludes floodlight ones.

Don Klipstein

It's kind of funny, because you can watch the light slowly spiral down the tube.

Reply to
Mitch

On Mon 28 Apr 2008 09:06:06a, told us...

I have twelve in my kitchen, all the same brand, as I ordered them online. Unfortunately, I don't remember the brand, and I would need to drag out the

10 ft. ladder to check them.
Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

My Sylvania floods are just a few weeks old and take up to 3 minutes to reach full brightness. I'll still have the package and receipt. They're going back and I'm gonna try the Philips Halogena "Energy Saver" floods that Don mentioned.

Reply to
DerbyDad03