CFL's in humid environments

I don't know if this typical for CFL's or for one particular brand.
I replaced 3 incandescent bulbs with 3 CFL's and they all burned up within 6 months.
The bathroom is small and it has no working exhaust fan. Has anyone else seen this problem?
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖

Could be that brand or batch. I've not seen the problem and I've had them in some nasty environments both moisture and temperature wise. The frequent on and off cycles may be a factor too.
Can't hurt to crack the door or window open when you shower also.
Add pictures here
✖

I have had them in my bath with no problems...Same for the ones outside...
Add pictures here
✖

Same here. The one in my post light is getting beat up pretty bad if humidity and lots of on/off cycles kill them. (motion detector). 2 years and counting.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 13, 10:17 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

..
A CFL in my mother's covered porch light went out in less than 6 months, but it was in a class covered fixture. I removed the bottom panel to lower the temperature and hopefully increase it's life span.
Now I won't have to clean out dead bugs anymore. :-)
Andy
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 09:06:44 -0700 (PDT), Mint

From what I hear they do better base down.
Add pictures here
✖
Andy wrote:

There are a few reasons this may occur, and I think humidity is less likely to be the problem. My suspects are:
1. CFLs can overheat in small enclosed fixtures and in downlights, especially recessed ceiling fixtures (which I call "heat hellholes for CFLs"). This is a problem mainly to integral-ballast CFLs (includes all common screw base ones) 15 watts or more. There are ones rated for use in recessed fixtures, including Philips SLS ("triple arch" Marathon) non-dimmable up to 23 watts. There are even snap-on reflectors for these in R30 and R40 sizes.
If you cannot get or use Philips "triple arch", you can try using a lower wattage and/or CFLs of a "Big 3" brand (GE, Philips, Sylvania), especially ones with the limited warranty.
2. I have experienced above-average rate of premature failures with CFLs of the Lights of America brand and of brands that I see mainly in dollar stores.
3. Although several short on-off cycles per day should not kill CFLs within a year, a very large number of on-off cycles per day can kill some in a matter of months. Ones that are true instant start suffer more wear per start than ones that take half a second or so to turn on. (This is unrelated to time to warm up once it comes on.)
✖
Don Klipstein wrote:

Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 12, 11:58 pm, snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:

Thanks for the info.
The bulbs had complete circulation as they hung down from the socket.
I will try your recommended brands.
I asked the manager of Lowe's if they had bulbs rated for a moist environment. He said that all they had was spotlight CFLs.
He then gave me a free N:vision 75W CFL that has a 9 year warranty. He said that sometimes the manufactures make a bad batch.
Andy
Add pictures here
✖
Don Klipstein wrote:

I cycle the ones in my home office, kitchen, and bathroom on and off quite a bit and I got about 3 years out of one of the kitchen and the other one in the same fixture is going on 5 years. They get both extremes, cycling on and off during the day and often being left on all night. The office doesn't get cycled quite as much and I think it's over 4 years for one of the two in that fixture.
I started writing the date on the base when I install new ones, just cause I'm anal.
And my favorite *trick* is that when one of the outdoor dusk to dawn cfls goes bad, I look for an old slow dim one in the house. I put the old slow dim one outside dusk to dawn and put the new one in the house. I don't care if the outside dusk to dawn lights are slow to light or if they are getting dim.
Add pictures here
✖