CFL question

I have a CFL bulb that is NOT the twisty type. It has several parallel sections inside of a glass cover that makes it look somewhat like an incandescent bulb. The glass cover has a small break - a hole about the size of a quarter. The bulb lights when plugged in. Would this be safe to use?
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖
---MIKE--- wrote:

It's fine.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ? ¥
✖
on 11/11/2008 8:01 AM ---MIKE--- said the following:

I would say so. The incandescent bulb shape is just a cover to make it more appealing than the spiral type.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

It is safe.
All the hole will do is maybe change the light distribution pattern a little and maybe make the CFL a little more vulnerable to cold than it was before.
✖
I have a CFL bulb that is NOT the twisty type. It has several parallel sections inside of a glass cover that makes it look somewhat like an incandescent bulb. The glass cover has a small break - a hole about the size of a quarter. The bulb lights when plugged in. Would this be safe to use?
The only thing you have to worry about is photons leaking or cutting yourself.
Add pictures here
✖
Some of those photons have been shown to cause cancer. I'd take the bulb to the local hospital, and ask them to safely dispose it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I hope you are being sarcastic!
For equal level of illumination, most grades/forms of daylight have more carcinogenetic photons than light from CFLs including the damaged one in question has!
Oh, and hospitals are places that have a high rate of "proper disposal" of fluorescent lamps! In large part due to using so many of them!
✖
I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being obtuse.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Nov 11, 7:01 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

It should be fine, just keep small inquisitive kids away from it.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 11, 8:01 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

Indoors in a place not likely to get splashed and you will be fine.
Add pictures here
✖