CFL Bulbs And Ceiling Fans

Page 2 of 2

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:36:28 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:

Please point me to somewhere I can buy these mythical LED dimmers. <G>
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

The next thing I did was to remove all of the CFLs that I'd installed. I can heat with incandescent bulbs this winter for about the same cost as oil. And, they work with all of my dimmers.
Boden
RickH wrote:

Unless you spend a lot of time in your closets, CFLs are likely to be uneconomical there.

There is an incandescent ban coming up to be implemented in stages in 2012 and 2014. However, there are enough exceptions to make a set of loopholes wide enough to route the New Jersey Turnpike and maybe also the Mississippi River through.
Paul Eldridge posted these exceptions, I believe in alt.home.repair
I have these exceptions at:
http://members.misty.com/don/incban.html
- Don Klipstein (
Mr. Gardebner wrote: