Certainteed Window Replacement.

I have a small circa 1950 house in Fullerton California with a total of 13 Windows. Last night I had an estimate to replace all 13 windows with Certainteed brand product. The total to replace all 13 windows was $9500. This means that on average, each window is approximately $730. The windows I'm replacing are all standard wooden windows. Does this average per/window price seem right? I've been reading posts from up to 5 years ago where this same type of product was being installed for an average of $450 per window. Please advice... thanks!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

about $350 each. That was in MA.
It sounds pretty high to me, but it would depend on the work required to replace the windows. Might there be something about your house that makes it more difficult/requires more labor? I would check a few different window manufacturers and try to get at least a couple of competitive estimates.
I had 10 vinly windows replaced for $100 each 10 years ago.
have a small circa 1950 house in Fullerton California with a total of<BR>13 Windows. Last night I had an estimate to replace all 13 windows with<BR>Certainteed brand product. The total to replace all 13 windows was<BR>$9500. This means that on average, each window is approximately $730.<BR>The windows I'm replacing are all standard wooden windows. Does this<BR>average per/window price seem right? I've been reading posts from up to<BR>5 years ago where this same type of product was being installed for an<BR>average of $450 per window. Please advice... thanks!!<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Before you sign any contracts, check this website out.
http://newpane.com/index_ns4.html
I believe the New Pane people are right in your backyard.
Best of luck! Per

What kind of windows 70$ dual pane, or 350$ dual pane LowEargon with extras, Read a Consumer reports test on 20+ . Read Energy Star site and learn about what is offered. You have alot to compare for location specific areas for energy savings, are they rated " Energy Star" or are they low line innefficient. How about install dificulty, get bids.
Before you do this make sure you learn about how to flash windows. Visit the Pella or Andersen windows site and download instructions to find out how windows are supposed to be installed.

I replaced 11 windows for $1900CAD last winter doing the work myself. They were low-e argon Jeld-wen windows with a lifetime guarantee. http://jeld-wen.com/ I believe Home depot would do the work for approx $100/window. In your climate the installation requirements can be relaxed somewhat but I doubt your contractor would do more than the minimum required.
FYI. Anderson. Pella and most have a max 1/8" out of plumb, level or square before warranty is void , from day one you can have No warranty. Dont pay till you know Warranty exclusions and instal quality
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

width of the rails (top, bottom, left, right, etc). This steals a good 6" from each dimension, cutting down the viewing area.