Certainteed vinyl windows

Hello all,

I have been given an estimate of 2900.00 for 4 48" x 40" Certainteed Theraflect windows installed, these I was told, are the top of the line windows they manufacture. I live in Arizona. Can anyone tell me if I'm being taken for a ride, or is this a reasonable price? These contain Argon and are double low e rated at a UV rating of .35.

Thanks, Ladmo

Reply to
ladmo

You can get a price comparison and additional info at:

Des

reasonable

Reply to
Des Perado

Andersen and Pella make replacement windows. I would check pricing out on those too. Pella seems to be pushing them with special deals in my area at least right now.

Reply to
Art

Sounds a bit high. I would get several bids before selecting one. I had two 60" x 40" windows and one 72" by 48" window installed for $1,200. I don't know what double low e is, but my windows are low e with argon and are perfectly satisfactory. In addition I purchased and installed two 36 x 36" and 42 x 60" and a 48" x 72" windows of the same brand for about $600. Installation labor is at least 2 times the actual cost of the windows.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Thanks for the link, it gave me a pretty good idea of the window price, installed. I'm more at ease . Thanks again.

Reply to
ladmo