ceramic tile Vs natural stone in bathroom

I am planing on remodeling a bathroom. I will be using marble (sealed) as the counter top, and not sure of which way to go with the shower and bathroom floor. Other than price, which one will be better for me to use - ceramic / porcelain tile or natural stone (travertine or marble)? Other than cleaning, which one will require less maintenance? Is it true that the natural stone may have more cracks over time than ceramic tile?

I wouldn't be that concerned about cracking assuming a good quality installation.
As far as maintenance and appearance is concerned, a lot will depend on the specific materials and hence the colors you select.
Consider the porosity of the natural stones (this is a bathroom) and how visible any stains will be given the color/pattern of your stone.
For example, if you like/want white, or something very close, I think most natural stones are likely to show some staining in 10 years time. A white ceramic tile should hold up just fine.