Ceramic tile over painted basement floor

I think I will tile the floor inside of a closet and see what happens. Lead paint is a concern, but we bought the house from 2 guys who were painters. They bought the house, fixed it up, and flipped it to us in 2002. The entire house was newly painted, including the basement floor. I would doubt the floor paint is lead, but who wants to take chances. Will see about the out of the way closet, then decide about paint removal. She wants the job done this winter, so I have time to get this figured out.

Everyone, thanx for your advice.

Frank

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit