ceramic tile on cinder block

has any one had any experience with placing tile on cinder block walls we have a small building with a block wall bathroom and I wanted to dress it up with tile. I know I can cover the concrete floor with tile but never did any block walls. can you apply thinset right over the block or what?
gntry wrote:

Thinset directly onto concrete block works great. I've never put thinset over painted surfaces, so I can't vouch for painted block, but it probably would work.