Ceramic Tile installation: slip under baseboard or remove

I'm putting ceramic tile on my basement slab. The walls are finished.
I'd hate to remove the baseboards. Can I slip the tile underneath the baseboard? If so, should I leave space between the tile and drywall?

remove carpet from the slab already and have a space? will that space be enough?
typically you want the tile under the baseboards. it doesn't matter if you leave a space and tile and drywall, it isn't going to grow like wood would. typical installation is to leave a grout line between the tile and wallboard, but if you put the baseboards on top of the tile, no one will ever see if you do that or not.
you could tile up to the baseboards, leaving a grout line between the last tile and baseboard. in that case, then you must grout it or it'll look silly.
On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 14:59:39 -0700, Charles Spitzer wrote:

Yes, I removed carpet from the slab. The tile I bought (only $0.50 a square foot) is 1/4" thick. I believe the distance between the baseboard and concrete is about 3/8" thick.

well, you'll have additional height from the thinset, but go right ahead then. if you won't tell, i won't.