ceramic tile install question

I removed the old (and I do mean old) ceramic tile that was installed on a concrete block foundation wall. As this was a shower, and the grout deteriorated, water pretty well soaked the block. The wall looks wet. I'm blowing air on it with a fan to help dry it out.

Will I have a problem adhering tile using the thin set type adhesive mortar?

Should I let it dry completely or will being damp actually help the setting/hardening action.

As Bill O'Reilly would say: "What say you, you have the last word"

----------------------------------------------------- The only reason cats need people is because they can't turn doorknobs.

W9OL, Bill H. in Chicagoland

Reply to
FireBrick

No.

Without seeing the extent of the moisture I'd have to recomend you dry it pretty good before setting.

Reply to
Tim Connelly

Reply to
sligo

like a stiff cake batter. if you drag your notched trowel through the thinset, the notches shouldn't collapse. read the back of the thinset bag. it'll give you this information, and info on slaking too.

no.

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer