Ceramic Tile in Shower Question

I'm installing tile over backerboard. The backerboard transitions to sheetrock. I'd like to overlap the tile 1/4" to 1/2" onto the drywall (this should make the transition more attractive)...
Anyway:
1) Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?
2) Should I prime the sheetrock first, or just install the tile, then prime and paint up to the tile.
Thanks in advance,
Kyle

use greenboard

Kyle Boatright wrote:

With the proper tile edging (trim) yes.

No.
No need to prime first or (use greenboard as chuckup spitter suggested) if it's not inside the shower or tub.