Ceramic Tile - Almost Done but have a question

I just made my last cuts for my new ceramic tile floor and am getting ready to do the grouting. When surveying the floor as a whole it looks nice, but when you get down and look you can tell that some tiles are higher than others (2 amateurs at the beginning) and not all the cracks are uniform.
Do these type of mistakes get noticed very often, or will they be unnoticeable to others? I want to sell my house within 2 years and don't want to have to redo this floor. Thanks.
Jim
Well it all depends on how close other people are looking. Nobody will ever notice things the way the two of you will. My wife and I finished out kitchen a couple of weeks ago which led to our second (bathroom) and then third (hall) tile installation jobs. When we were doing the first one in the kitchen I got very antsy just like you because some of it looked out of whack before the grout. Once I put the grout in and wiped it down it made the small imperfections very hard to notice by me and my wife. Everyone that has seen it now can't believe it was our first shot at installing tile. Good luck.

cyberpunk writes:

It's called "lippage". No floor is ever perfect, so lippage is never zero, but the installer's job is to skillfully minimize it across an imperfect floor. A poor installation will show a lot of lippage just from clumsiness and inexperience.
A critical home buyer, or especially a good home inspector, might be aware of this, and it is easy to spot. However, few home buyers are that critical unless the installation was very badly done. More likely it is the sort of thing they'll notice after living with it for a few months, and regret buying. Chips, stains, dirty grout, are more the sort of thing that most people notice on casual inspection.
Another amateur installation flaw is voids under the tile. Easily detected by bouncing a golf ball around, but not at all visible to visual inspection.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (cyberpunk) wrote in message
<snip>

Nobody will notice, at least not if you have natural textured tiles. They might be more noticeable with perfectly smooth tiles.
DH and I did about 330 sq feet of textured ceramic tile last year. When we first finished, we noticed all the imperfections, because we'd had them 2 inches from our noses for several weeks.
We brought in family and friends and had them check it out. Asked them if the noticed anything wrong. Response was always, "No, this looks fantastic!" (yay :).
A year later, now even we can't remember where the imperfections are (except for one or two that I can feel if I scuffle around in socks), and we've since seen several professionally-done jobs where we *could* see the flaws.
I wouldn't worry about it :)
-- Jennifer