Ceramic floor tile Q?

We are laying 13x13 floor tile in a 15x15 addition. My wife has come up with a pattern that calls for two rows around the outside of the entire room, then a 3x12 border; then laying the rest of the tiles at 45 degree angle in the middle. Lot of cutting I know. Here's the question; the 3x12 border tiles she has picked out are one sixteen of an inch thicker than the floor tiles. Will I be able to hide this with a thicker layer of mortar, raising the 13x13 tiles, or is this going to be a problem? Thanks

Reply to
JJ

tile a few pieces onto a piece of plywood and walk on it. chances are it won't be noticeable.

using a thicker layer of thinset in the field would be hard to get all the tiles to lay flat across the field.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer