Ceramic floor tile loose

We have a seven year old tract type home on a concrete slab and the ceramic tile floor is coming loose, about 1/2 of the 300 sq. ft. The contractor is coming out Thur. to take a look. I have already contacted the Ca. State license board and they won't touch it. Any other alternatives if the contractor doesn't assume any responsibility. Just trying to be prepared for what ever he may come up with. TIA

Reply to
Charlie

trying to >> be prepared for what ever he may come up with.

Seven years old and you were able to contact the original contractor? Usually you get one year on a standard warranty and then you are on your own.

You must have some kind of extended warranty with the builder? Otherwise he will probably hand you a quote. Not a hard DIY project IMO.

Reply to
sleepdog

Didn't you post about this several months ago?

Which contractor is coming over, flooring or builder? Other houses in the tract having the same problem? Look for possible hydrostatic pressure/slab mositure problems perhaps destroying the bond.

Where are you in CA?

btw, the laws have changed regarding standards and procedures for homeowners suing to recover losses from defective workmanship in CA. May or may not apply to you.

short url;

original:

G Henslee

What do you mean they won't touch it? They likely will not intervene or take action. They probably have the means for filing a complaint against the contractor - check their website for a form and procedure. One complaint, alone, probably won't prompt action but if there have been many, who knows? Our county also has a licensing agency. I would write the contractor a nice, businesslike certified letter to see if they will take an interest first.

Reply to
Norminn

Be prepared to pay for your repairs.

Nobody promised you a free lunch.