Central heating problem

Hi, not sure if this is the correct ng, please point me in the right direction if it isn't.

I have a problem with the radiators in my house. I have just moved in so am not sure of the system. I basically have to bleed the radiators upstairs every few days to keep them hot. The air pressure coming out seems to be getting lower. There is a gauge on the boiler that was at about 1.5 bar but it has gone down to below 1 bar now. Does this mean it is a sealed system? How do I increase the pressure? Presumably I need to add some water somewhere to replace all that air that I've been taking out!

Cheers

Scott

Reply to
scott

Yes you have to add water first, on the boiler feed. How tall is your house from boiler to highest radiator. What does your gauge read in FT or LB. when cold and hot .

Reply to
m Ransley

The highest radiator is only a couple of metres above the boiler (boiler up high on ground floor and only have two floors). The gauge reads about 0.2 -

0.3 bar (3 - 4 psi), but I'm sure it was on about 1 bar when I first moved in (about 15 psi).

Where do I add the water? There are six pipes coming out the bottom of the boiler that just go straight down and into the floor. We don't have a hot-water tank, it heats the water as it's used.

Thanks

Scott

Reply to
scott

I'd call a competent tech to answer these questions.

Reply to
HeatMan

Try heatinghelp.com. I bet there is a tank expansion system and auto feed that has been cut off.

Tim S.

Reply to
Tim or Marty Shephard

ditto!