Central heating help !!

I have a problem with my central heating. I have a gas bolier system and am having some problems getting the heating to work downstairs. I have hot water and the radiators upstairs are working - although one of them isn't particlualrly hot, but all of the ones downstairs are stone cold.
Please help me with any ideas you may have to get it going again as i am freezing !!
I have bled all the radiators downstairs until the water comes out.
P.s - they are all turned on !!
Thank you
Bev
--
bev

bev wrote:

<SNIP>
If in UK, cross-post to this group as well: UK.D-I-Y
Jim
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:16:43 +0000, bev wrote:

If you have zone valves, make sure they are opening.
You obviously are not well-versed in the design and operation of the system, so the best advice would be: call service tech. (Relying on whomever/wherever on the planet to tell you how to do this is not a good idea.)
bev Wrote:

may be a weak pump??? need to know more about your system typ
-- gastec
bev wrote:

More info is needed before you can get any useful answers here, Bev.
Let us know:
Are there separate thermostats for the upstairs and downstairs?
Do you know what a circulator pump looks like? If you do, tell us how many there are associated with the boiler. If you don't, then give up and call up a pro.
Based on your answers, someone here may be able to tell you what to look for and check next.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Is the circulator running?

HeatMan Wrote: > "bev" snipped-for-privacy@diybanter.com wrote in message

Thank you all for your advice ! as suggested i have called in a pro to get it looked at ! It appears it may be the motor valve so wouldn't have been able to get it fixed myself anyway. thanks for your help though
--
bev