Central Heating Boiler descaling

Hi,

Central Heating Boiler was making noise and the engineer was called in. He says that the boiler has scales settled at the bottom and when they are disturbed it makes noise. Boiler has overhead tank.

What about putting this descaling solution and leaving it for some time please?

Let me hear your advice please. Also, its E Thorn timer has gone. I understand it is a unit you just take it off and replace it. Any experience on this topic please?

Rajinder

Reply to
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Boilers are often treated to de-scale. You have to flush them out to get rid of anything in the bottom of the tank. There should be a valve at the lowest point. Open it full and let it blast ut to a drain. CAUTION, it will be HOT. It is best to open and close the valve a couple of times to stir up the sediment. -- Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski