CENTRAL HEAT: ELECTRONIC IGNITION BOARD OUT

I need a new electronic board to kick on my central heat.
For now, I have no heating bill so I am enjoying the benefits.
How tough is it to replace the board?
Should I pay some guy $400 to loosen two screws and drop in the board?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Why not? What can go wrong, and what can it cost? IOW, it depends on your breadth and depth of understanding, accurate and complete collection of information and correct diagnosis. Not to mention ability and willingness to take a chance.
snipped-for-privacy@sme-online.com wrote:

I'm giving it a shot.
I'll let you know how it goes.
What happens when you change the board, and the heat stays off?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Yep!
That's the kicker.
You should develop a "relationship" with your local HVAC guy. So long as you respect your own limitations I have found that they don't mind "explaining" while they are doing the work.
Like it or not, they would starve to death on service calls in which they don't replace anything. Let the guy make a few bucks on the card and maybe when all you need is a service call without new parts he will show up within a reasonable time.
My HVAC guy is a "jack of many trades" and I routinely buy parts from him (E.g.: air level control for my water tank) that have nothing to do with the HVAC system. He makes a few $dollars and he remembers my name and face.