central air conditioning just quit...???

My central ac just quit on me. Im wondering how I can do some initial troubleshooting. Im curious because it's not blowing anything, and when I turn the thermistat there is no 'click' like usual...as if it's trying to work. I've checked the fuse box and it's not tripped (reset anyway). The unit is on the roof, so when I get up there, what should I check for?
anyone know what might cause that? sucker has run like a charm all summer.
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:34:34 GMT, "CMF"

Yea...it broke..

Being a homeowner and not a HVAC guy, I would go to the electrical breaker panel for the home and reset any breakers for the A/C even if they looked like they weren't tripped. If that didn't fix the problem I would then call a HVAC guy to fix the problem.