central air

we recently had central air conditioning installed.
During the transitional period - august & sep when temperatures fluctuate a lot in maryland, should we leave the a/c on all the time and just adjust the thermostat and thus obtain the benefit of the de-humidifcation, or should we turn it off and on as needed/
thanks
ken
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:13:06 -0700, kphifer1934 wrote:

Leave it on.
Linux Registered User #327951
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Set the thermostat and leave it on. You may want to change the temp day and night for example while you are at work.
Normally it is cheaper and more comfortable to leave it on all the time. Depending on your tolerance you may turn it off for a few days or weeks when the outside temps are comfortable. I would not recommend turning it of and on while opening and closing windows as that often results in less comfort and greater cost, not to mention more pollen.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I would leave it on all the time......
.....unless you live in Rockville...........
You might want to install a programmable thermostat. Set it to go or off at certain times of day or night. Mine, for example, is set to start cooling in the morning till our family leaves. Then it resets itself to a warmer temp until around 4 pm when my wife and kids come home. Then it sets itself again at bedtime. This really saves dollars on your elec. bill.