Central AC leaking water

My attic AC sits on top of my furnace, which sit on a pan. If water gets in the pan, there is a float switch, and the AC compressor will cut off. On the AC unit there is a drain pipe that comes out by the coil and drains out side. I have had problems with water draining down through the furance and into the lower pan. I cleaned out the drain pipe, and the water still gets into the pan below. A month ago the blower motor burned out, and I had someone come out to replace it. He said that the reason the water was building up so much was because the old blower was wearing out. Last night I went up and checked and the pan was full! I took the enclosure off the top of the coil, and looked down, and could see that water was around the coils, but just below the level of the drain line. I could hear the water dripping out into the pan below. Is this normal condensation, and the pan that the coils sit on have a hole in it. Can this be fixed by me, or should I bring in a professional.

Reply to
Darren

There are normally two drains. The top one is clogged.

Reply to
CJT

Reply to
Darren