Central AC Advice

The equipment that WASN'T installed correctly and wasn't set-up to operate with-in the manufacture's specifications!

Give me a brand name and I'll point you to a unit that is properly installed and one that isn't.

LOL, more guessing on your part.

I have answered EVERY question you have posted. I have furthermore, pointed out the inaccurate information that you have posted.

Why don't you get a clue and learn something for a change?

Reply to
<kjpro

You&#39;d have to ask the people who did the survey.

I think I know where you&#39;re going with this. However, I am simply using the survey as a rough guide to what other furnace owners have to say with regards to reliability of the brands listed. 30,000 is a significant sample.

Reply to
xModem

The company that&#39;s selling you a unit, Duh!

No, I like pounding you in the ground with your inaccurate information!

Oh my, haven&#39;t you been paying attention??????????

Here you go again, try reading it this time... as it&#39;s from a previous post of mine...

QUOTE...

  1. American Standard is #1 while Trane is #3, yet it&#39;s manufactured by the same company!
  2. Rheem is #2 while Ruud is #4, yet it&#39;s manufactured by the same company! BTW, where&#39;s Weathermaker/Weatherking? It&#39;s the same thing too...
  3. Bryant is #5 while Carrier is #6, yet their manufactured by the same company! BTW, where&#39;s Payne? It&#39;s the same as well!
  4. Heil is #7 while Tempstar is #11, yet their manufactured by the same company! BTW, where&#39;s Comfortmaker, Arcoaire, AirQuest, KeepRite, Maratherm, Sears, etc? They&#39;re all the same as well...
  5. York is #8 where&#39;s Coleman? It&#39;s the same thing.
  6. Amana is #9 to bad they&#39;re owed by Goodman... LOL
  7. Lennox is #10 where&#39;s Armstrong, AireEase, Ducane, Aire-Flo, Concord, Magic-Pak, Magic Chef, etc... They&#39;re are manufactured by the same people.
  8. Goodman is #11 where&#39;s Janitrol? It&#39;s the same...

END QUOTE...

Now again, since you DON&#39;T know what you&#39;re talking about, why don&#39;t you shut the f*ck up and listen to someone who does?

Reply to
<kjpro

You also don&#39;t know who&#39;s the best either! As you don&#39;t know much about the HVAC/R industry.

"who

Try putting a computer board from a Ford into a GM product. Will it work properly?

A Lexus dealer/distributor has car tires... will they fit my Semi?

Now, do the same thing to your HVAC equipment. Is it any different?

I see you&#39;ve never been in business...

The quality of service from a distributor is no different then the service you get from a dealer. Are they always going to be equal? No!

But, for entertainment... If you had a brand that was offered by one distributor vs. a brand where several distributors offered it, which brand would you purchase?

Reply to
<kjpro

notwithstanding.

You don&#39;t get it, your scenario doesn&#39;t exist.

Do you know that MOST equipment failures are due to improper installation issues?

Do equipment manufactures have design issues? Yes, every single one does! Give me a brand and I&#39;ll give you a failure!

Lennox - Pulse Rheem - Drum ICP - Clamshell Trane - Clamshell Janitrol - Clamshell Goodman - Gemini Consolidated - Horz HE Coleman - DGAT Honeywell - 9500 Jakel - Inducer

Every company goes through problem times... it my not be this year or the next, but it does happen. Do you automatically know which design is going to fail? No, if they did it wouldn&#39;t be in production!

The majority of comfort and reliability issues stem from a hack that slaps in your system the fastest way possible.

Reply to
<kjpro

Yeh, so significant that it only included 12 brands! LMAO

Reply to
<kjpro

But what about all those brands you claimed were identical?

Evasion noted.

Come on - what&#39;s the very last brand name you&#39;d install in your own house? It&#39;s not that hard a question.

Not the one that&#39;s at the bottom of the rating list, for starters. I would defer to my installer, after having given him a few brands I&#39;d be interested in.

Don&#39;t get the idea I&#39;m down on tradesmen. I simply prefer to make an informed decision.

Reply to
xModem

Which has exactly zip to do with the survey.

It&#39;s not MY information.

Is the equipment identical?

Is the equipment identical?

Is the equipment identical?

Is the equipment identical?

Reply to
xModem

That hasn&#39;t been the case in my situation.

Thank you! Now we&#39;re getting somewhere. You probably wouldn&#39;t install those units, based on your extensive knowledge of them.

Well, I had a hack install my furnace. It appears my faith in getting quality from Sears was misplaced. I later learned that they subcontract to the cheapest installers they can find. However, my few problems have all been mechanical.

Reply to
xModem

Well, you you want to get stupid... then there&#39;s no point in having the info...

You&#39;re agreeing and backing it up, are you not? If not, why are you still arguing about it?

Minor cosmetics..

Minor cosmetics...

Minor cosmetics...

Exactly the same! Yet this has the largest separation... LMAO

Doesn&#39;t this make you feel kinda stupid?

Yep

Reply to
<kjpro

Does that make them *all* identical... geez, pull your head out of your ASS!!!!

No evasion, just more FACTS which you don&#39;t seem to like!

Seriously, it really wouldn&#39;t matter to me which brand it was... as long as I was the one installing it. I will also tell you (even though Goodman is at the bottom of your list), it&#39; be fine in my home too!

See, this is where that survey screws with people. Goodman products are just as good as any in the field. And if that&#39;s the brand that the company is familiar with and stocks parts for, I sure as hell wouldn&#39;t want them to install something else!

You say you&#39;re not down on tradesmen, yet you&#39;re here arguing with a highly competent HVAC tech (about his own trade)!! Using CR to make a decision isn&#39;t making an informed decision. It helps you make a decision based on an opinions that are not based on FACTS!!!!

Reply to
<kjpro

specifications.

Every case is different, which is why BRAND has very little to do with it!!

No your not, if fact, I would have no problems installing any of these brands (except Consolidated, which is no longer in business) in my home. All of these were design flaws that have been corrected.

Pulse is no longer manufactured. Drum is no longer manufactured. Clamshell problem has been addressed (most didn&#39;t show problems unless there was an installation issue). Gemini is no longer being used in that brand. Consolidated is no longer in business (but guess what, Consolidated manufactured these same units under MANY of the top brands as well). DGAT has been addressed.

9500 was a manufacturing defect... has been corrected. Inducers have been addressed.

How would someone that doesn&#39;t know anymore about HVAC then you do, really know what caused your equipment failures? Hell most technicians don&#39;t know, so how in the hell could you?

Reply to
<kjpro
30,000 is a significant sample.

That depends on the parameters of the distribution(s) involved.

Reply to
CJT

But if brand X consistently outdoes brand Y in end-user results surveys, and it is not due to X actually being better than Y, then there is

*some* factor that is making the bad dealers favor Y. So, as a consumer, I&#39;ve got better odds going with brand X.
Reply to
Tim Smith

I decided to go with a 4 Ton, 14 SEER, York R-22 system for $3550 (w/o taxes). Thx

Reply to
jay

reliability?

If you want to use inaccurate survey&#39;s to make your decisions, by all means, do so...

Reply to
<kjpro

Your welcome.

Reply to
<kjpro

kjpr

sniping snipped

reading it this time... as it&#39;s from a previous

Smart people probably realize the sample quantity is relatively small, meaning one or two failures could make a percentage difference. I don&#39;t believe they list actual failures so the difference of a few places in ranking may be insignificant

Also a different factory producing the same product will have a different failure rate. If they happen to run all of one &#39;brand&#39; at a time, it is possible that a bad component could get into one brand and not the other. Bargain pricing may attract a different installer group, meaning perhaps poorer installs, or perhaps the opposite, a higher price point may raise expectations

Reply to
yourname

You&#39;re up against a brick wall. The opinions of 30,000 owners of the surveyed product makes for an "inaccurate survey."

Reply to
xModem

30,000 surveys on 12 brands says a lot for those 12 brands, despite your hand waving.
Reply to
xModem