Central AC Advice

Page 2 of 8

Hey Dipshit, you ever stop to think that I'm using my customer base and reported problems for data. You know, like how many in/out of warranty problems are reported, how many problem calls I receive on equipment installed by other, etc...
Who would have thought... you really need to stop posting, you're now looking like a complete idiot.

So why won't you fess up which units give the most trouble? Please don't say they're all exactly the same.
Further, I doubt you have a customer base of 30,000 to report on.

Why don't you just try and answer the questions?

The equipment that WASN'T installed correctly and wasn't set-up to operate with-in the manufacture's specifications!
Give me a brand name and I'll point you to a unit that is properly installed and one that isn't.

LOL, more guessing on your part.

I have answered EVERY question you have posted. I have furthermore, pointed out the inaccurate information that you have posted.
Why don't you get a clue and learn something for a change?

Get a clue and see my other post.
I was ragging on the "this brand is better, BS".
Your installer *is* the end manufacture! HVAC equipment longevity depends on a proper installation. The brand doesn't matter!

Nonsense...

Let me rephrase that. With the _same_ installer installing two furnaces - one a low-end contractor-grade brand x, and a higher-end, higher-rated unit, statistically, the low-end, lower rated unit is going to have more problems.
xModem wrote:

Often they're built in the same factory, just marketed differently.
CJT wrote:

And, often they're not.
Might try looking at CR repair histories by vendor -- while not perfect data by any means, there are trends there that are probably realistic.

Funny you should mention that. The other day, I grabbed an article off ConsumerReports.com, rating gas furnace repair frequencies. Naysayers should bear in mind; these aren't CS's own opinions. They're the result of a survey of 36,181 homeowners. Note that the survey was done in 2004 as well.
In order, from best to worst:
- American Standard - Rheem - Trane - Ruud - Bryant - Carrier - Heil - York - Amana - Lennox - Tempstar - Goodman

Oh please, that's a bunch of crap! Do they ask if the installations meets the manufacture's specifications? No they don't!
But for enterainment purposes, lets assume they did and all things in these installations are equal.
From your list..
1. American Standard is #1 while Trane is #3, yet it's manufactured by the same company! 2. Rheem is #2 while Ruud is #4, yet it's manufactured by the same company! BTW, where's Weathermaker/Weatherking? It's the same thing too... 3. Bryant is #5 while Carrier is #6, yet their manufactured by the same company! BTW, where's Payne? It's the same as well! 4. Heil is #7 while Tempstar is #11, yet their manufactured by the same company! BTW, where's Comfortmaker, Arcoaire, AirQuest, KeepRite, Maratherm, Sears, etc? They're all the same as well... 5. York is #8 where's Coleman? It's the same thing. 6. Amana is #9 to bad they're owed by Goodman... LOL 7. Lennox is #10 where's Armstrong, AireEase, Ducane, Aire-Flo, Concord, Magic-Pak, Magic Chef, etc... They're are manufactured by the same people. 8. Goodman is #11 where's Janitrol? It's the same...
Where's Frigidaire, Westinghouse, Tappen, Philco, Kelvinator, Grandaire, Gibson, Maytag, Admiral, Inertherm, Miller, Quatro, Bard, Thermopride, Century, Heat Controller, Comfortaire, Consolidated, Fedders, and the rest of the major brands?
Don't try and tell me none of them are in the top ten either... cause I KNOW better!

Again, it DOESN'T MATTER for the purposes of the survey. Someone else pointed this out to you as well. The chances of getting a good or bad install are EQUAL for every brand.

The fact that every known brand isn't represented on the survey is immaterial. Surveys seldom cover _every_ brand.
Put simply, the survey allows you to gauge the ones that ARE listed. You can plainly see which brand OF THE ONES THAT ARE LISTED, has a better service record.
While the ones you mention might place higher than the ones listed, they might also place lower.
The point remains, if given the ones THAT ARE IN THE SURVEY to chose from, you can readily see how they average out in repair frequency, OF THE ONES THAT ARE IN THE SURVEY.

See above.

Not for any given area... you're really grasping for facts here...

Please explain why the SAME identical equipment didn't rate the same?????? You think it might be because of installation issues??????

Bullshit... it's a complete marketing tool that means absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!!

The fact that you don't know and I do, kinda makes me the authority on the subject. So I suggest you shut the fuck up, till you learn about HVAC/R equipment.

Again, tell me why the IDENTICAL equipment (that's in the survey) was rated differently? It's the same equipment, so why are they rated so far apart?

See above, where I tell you I know my industry and you OBVIOUSLY don't. So why don't you shut the fuck up now?

A marketing tool? For who?

Now you're becoming a santimonious asshole. If you can't handle the exchange, killfile me.

Please tell me what two manufacturers on that survey list are exactly identical.

See above.

The company that's selling you a unit, Duh!

No, I like pounding you in the ground with your inaccurate information!

Oh my, haven't you been paying attention??????????
Here you go again, try reading it this time... as it's from a previous post of mine...
QUOTE...
1. American Standard is #1 while Trane is #3, yet it's manufactured by the same company! 2. Rheem is #2 while Ruud is #4, yet it's manufactured by the same company! BTW, where's Weathermaker/Weatherking? It's the same thing too... 3. Bryant is #5 while Carrier is #6, yet their manufactured by the same company! BTW, where's Payne? It's the same as well! 4. Heil is #7 while Tempstar is #11, yet their manufactured by the same company! BTW, where's Comfortmaker, Arcoaire, AirQuest, KeepRite, Maratherm, Sears, etc? They're all the same as well... 5. York is #8 where's Coleman? It's the same thing. 6. Amana is #9 to bad they're owed by Goodman... LOL 7. Lennox is #10 where's Armstrong, AireEase, Ducane, Aire-Flo, Concord, Magic-Pak, Magic Chef, etc... They're are manufactured by the same people. 8. Goodman is #11 where's Janitrol? It's the same...
END QUOTE...
Now again, since you DON'T know what you're talking about, why don't you shut the fuck up and listen to someone who does?

Which has exactly zip to do with the survey.

It's not MY information.

Is the equipment identical?

Is the equipment identical?

Is the equipment identical?

Is the equipment identical?

Well, you you want to get stupid... then there's no point in having the info...

You're agreeing and backing it up, are you not? If not, why are you still arguing about it?

Minor cosmetics..

Minor cosmetics...

Minor cosmetics...

Exactly the same! Yet this has the largest separation... LMAO
Doesn't this make you feel kinda stupid?

Yep
kjpr
sniping snipped
reading it this time... as it's from a previous

Smart people probably realize the sample quantity is relatively small, meaning one or two failures could make a percentage difference. I don't believe they list actual failures so the difference of a few places in ranking may be insignificant
Also a different factory producing the same product will have a different failure rate. If they happen to run all of one 'brand' at a time, it is possible that a bad component could get into one brand and not the other. Bargain pricing may attract a different installer group, meaning perhaps poorer installs, or perhaps the opposite, a higher price point may raise expectations

xModem wrote:

Were the differences statistically significant? At what level of confidence?

The graph was pretty linear, until it hit Goodman. Up till then, the repair frequency (for the first 11) ranged from about 15% to just over 20%. Goodman came in around 26%.

Which again, means nothing!