Central A/C question

I'm looking to move the thermostat from the 2nd floor to the main floor because most our daily life occurs on the main floor. Is this a big/expensive job?

Any info is helpful,

zviadler

If the existing thermostat wire runs nearby where you want to put the new one-- or you can run a new wire from the furnace/AC to that location, it's not a real big job.

Make sure you site the new thermo in the middle of the living area about five feet high on an inside wall out of the sun and away from windows, registers/radiators

Reply to
Richard Blaine

"Richard Blaine" wrote in news:kZmdnRYyI7Sb3yPZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

TV! and anything else that gives off heat heat.

Reply to
Al Bundy

We live in a house that's very difficult to heat and cool evenly (built over 110 years in various sections and materials).

Last year I finally broke down and bought a Carrier wireless thermostat:

We move it to any area we expect to occupy for a few hours. Works great

- temp is always right for the area and time of day/night - don't know why we put put for the old arrangement for years.

Michael Thomas Pargaon Home Inspection. LLC Chicago, IL mdtATparagoninspectsDOT com

847-475-5668
Reply to
MDT at Paragon Home Inspection