central A/C filter question

Hi, the replaceable filter, on these cental ac units, where are they located. I found one inside the house in the intake duct, is that the only one.

thanks

Reply to
yo

yes, unless you have some weird A/C unit.

Reply to
User Example

It isn't necessarily the only one. When you have it serviced next, ask the tech to check the air handler or furnace for a factory installed filter, and to check for an electronic filter in the duct system. Normally we wouldn't do this unless we find there's an airflow restriction. I've found second and even third filters on systems that the customer was completely unaware of, so yes, it is possible that you have another, but it isn't necessarily likely. Just the same, if you're concerned about it, have the tech take a peek for you. HTH.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP