Centipedes in kitchen sink

Page 3 of 3
On 7/18/2013 2:24 PM, EXT wrote:

How many people anticipate this kind of problem?
As long as

On 7/18/2013 12:41 PM, Paul Drahn wrote:

That's a great idea, looking at the bottom of the counter. I'll be there tomorrow and look.
thanks,
R1
Yes!! I tested this theory and it is true. Drains are superhighway for bugs . Centipedes do drown in water but most drains have no water in them most o f the time especially at night. After each use close the drain of each sink and centipedes, spiders and roaches will be eradicated. Why? They will be under the stopper and when you turn on the water they drown. You will be bu g free without dangerous chemical but you must be diligent about keeping ev ery drain closed when not using them.
This also prevents sewer gasses from entering the house while you sleep. La st thing before bed time, close all drains, open windows for a few minutes to air out the room and ten sleep like a baby!!
On 01/10/2014 12:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

No...drains have U-traps
On 1/10/2014 12:48 PM, philo wrote:

You must be careful around drains because U may become trapped. ^_^
TDD
I'm sure you've already taken care of this, but just in case someone is interested - I've seen centipedes come through the spigots of bathtubs. We lived in a house built in the 1880's, and it happened every time we ran the bathtub.
If the kitchen faucet doesn't have an aerator, then possibly they are coming through the faucet.
You should demonstrate to your gf what a magnanomous being you are by resuing the creature. Simply urge it into the handy bug jar and deposit it safely outside.
Teach her to do this too.
If a lady bug lands on her thigh and she wants you to remove it, i would say thats a great excuse to put your hand on her thigh.
Mark
replying to Rebel1, Help wrote: Hi - did you solve this? Our son was washing his hands when a giant centipede crawled up the sink drain. It's a trough sink and there is no way it crawled in any other way. Bleach? Bug spray? Pest control? Thanks!