cement type roof tiles

Storm here last night and this morning I saw one of the roof vents damaged, standing straight up. How do I walk on flat cement tiles without breaking them? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Hi, My neighbor has concrete tile roof. Installer left two platforms made for walking on the roof and some spare tiles. You need something to distribute your weight. You need two of them.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I try to walk on the area where the top tile is sitting on the bottom tile, if that makes any sense. Maybe a couple inch's back of the front edge of the top tile. Lift one of them up enough to look under and you'll see what I mean. I had to have my roof worked on and the guy doing the work just walked anywhere and nothing broke so it's probably not even a worry.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Tennis shoes and step lightly. My tile is a Spanish barrel type and I walk on the valley of the tile, not the peak( stepping over each course) Being your tile is flat it will be easier. Find a solid step, then repeat and repeat.

Reply to
Oren