No, a troll is a guy who uses nasty words to indicate that he didn't read the original posting and is just trolling for a fight.
Couple of things:
1. NOT the lowest bidder. Possibly the highest one- I went with a reputable contractor because I wanted the job done correctly. I've already learned my lesson that the lowest bidder is often the lowest bidder for a reason! I sometimes have to compete with low bidders in my business and I say something like "Yeah, you can get a car for $500, too..."
2. I know the difference between cement and concrete, and when I called it concrete they corrected me and said it's cement, there's no aggregate in what they used.
3. They did tell me the color wouldn't match- but of course they told me that when they started the work, not when they bid the job.
4. I'm not talking about slightly different color between old and new (although why they wouldn't at least try to match I have no idea- when I've stained wood I've mixed stains together to try to match). I'm talking about the brown line between old and new, and maybe the photo doesn't reflect it well but it looks horrible.
5. As far as whether it's my living room or basement? It's a finished basement and it's up to me to decide whether it needs to look nice. It's still my house. I'd paint the floor but I asked about that and they said that due to moisture it would have to be redone every three or so years, and there's no way I'm doing that.
6. If dirt was in the region and floated up, couldn't they have put a piece of plastic underneath to prevent that? They told me this ALWAYS happens and I've never heard of it before. For what it's worth, the photos in their brochure don't show a brown discoloration between old and new.
Thanks for the help.