Cement piling question.

I am going to erect a fence out of steel and brick. The posts are going to be made of brick . The dimensions of each brick post will be 16 inches square running to a height of 6 feet. I am required to drill out and put a piling at each fence post . I will be using rebar and concrete for these pilings. Soil conditions are 12-18" top soil with poplar tree roots and then clay.

Question I have is how deep should I go with the pilings and what diameter would be required? I hope I gave enough information....Jim

Reply to
Jim

Probably 2 1/2 to 3' depending on where you live and any stress the wall will have.

I would make the piling the size of the inside measurement of the brick

not sure how you are going to tie the 2 together?

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

Do you live in a frost free area? If not, then footings below the frost line may be required. Your proposed fence is a rather expensive design. It may save you from later problems to have a qualified architect familiar with building codes to help you with this one. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Call your code dept.