cement floors

I plan on putting down laminate flooring in about a year, but I'm sick (almost literally) of my carpet and was thinking of either just living on bare concrete or should I treat it or paint it until I put the flooring down? If I need to paint/treat it with something; are there any sites y'all know of that give good tips?

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Why in a year? If you must wait how about large area rugs to cover up the living areas?

Reply to
badgolferman

If your going to cover it anyway do not worry about the epoxy or concrete stains. Why waste the money and time on the product.

I ripped out the carpet in the house I live in when I moved in. ( about a year ago ). a lot easier to keep clean, a damp mop or my favorite is the 4 foot wide dust sweeper with a mixture of bleach and orange clean. I bought the tile for the house recently but I have some ceilings and painting to do first.

Construction bottom up finishes top down

Reply to
SQLit

If something in the carpet is making you ill, the paint you put down may have an effect on you also, so precede with caution on that. Oil paints will have much more odor than a latex based paint though. It may look ugly in the meantime with nothing. Perhaps some cheap throw rugs or even some cheap vinyl flooring rolled out will do for now.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

A lot depends on the quality of the concrete floor. If it is pretty hard trowelled concrete you might be just as happy if you did an acid stain job and sealed it. Google "acid stained concrete" look at the products available.

Reply to
gfretwell

Did you have much adhesive under the carpet? How did you get it cleaned up and how well did it clean up?

My kitchens carpet is looking pretty shabby and I want it gone(there shouldnt be carpet in kitchens!) but there seems to be a lot of adhesive underneath.

Reply to
MattMika