cement/ brick slabs alongside driveway

A house on our neighborhood has "cement slabs" (~3x3?) alongside both sides of driveway to widen it by 6 feet.
Another house used bricks (or so it appears) to effectively do the same thing.
What products are used to do this? Where can they be purchased and for how much? How long will they last, and can it support weight of a pickup truck each night?
We have two cars, and the ridgeline doesn't quite fit in the garage, and it's a pain to back out the car from the garage around the ridgeline (truck).
thank you

You can use any paver product, but look at "Turfstone" by unilock (www.unilock.com).
If you prepare properly, with 6-8 inches of compacted paver base (a mix of different sizes of crushed stone) under the pavers, they will hold up fine to car/pickup traffic.
The big box stores will have standard pavers; if you want something like Turfstone, you may have to order or go to a landscape supply house.
HTH,
Paul

what would be requirements/ process to lay gravel down?
I assume dig up the grass to either side of driveway Maybe dig ~2-3 inches deeper lay gravel lay turfstone product
I went to website, but specific installation instructions did not exist.
jIM wrote:

unilock sent me a catalog and list of suppliers. The product looks excellent... the installation instructions leave something to be desired.
Better yet......this will take you right there...instructions, etc.
.http://www.paversearch.com/installing-pavers-menu.htm
This might help..take a look at this site.
http://www.paversearch.com /