cement block wall question - curves

Hi, I have a small project were I'll be building a 4 ft non-loadbearing wall. Construction will be mortered cement block covered in stucco. The wall will have some curves.
Does anyone know what the tightest curve I can make using an 8x8x16 block and still get a smooth rounded finish look? Is it feasable to transition to 8x8x8 block for the curve to get a tighter/smoother curve?
Thanks much for the help. Bruce
On Apr 2, 4:17?pm, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

If your building a retaining wall KNOW in advance it WILL FAIL..
Your better off with a slope and ground cover!

If you really want to use the block, the thickness of the wall increases as it curves. cut out some 8X16 sheets of cardboard and you will see by how much.
If you are not stuck on the idea of using pre fab blocks, you can probably make your wall any shape you want by building curved forms. This can be the whole wall or segments of the wall.
Since your intention is to stucco the whole thing any way you could use pre fab blocks for the straight sections and make your own blocks that were curved for the curved sections. This would allow you to make almost any radius you wanted and keep the same cross section.
--

Roger Shoaf