Cellular to Wired Home Phone

Page 1 of 2
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?
Jimmie
JIMMIE wrote:

Why bother? Just use the cell phone.
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:45:30 -0400, Hipupchuck

Maybe he has several hard wired phones and doesn't want to carry the cell phone everywhere he goes in the house. I understand some people have their cell surgically attached to their head but some of us don't.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Or he could be wanting to hook his alarm system up (cheaply) to a cell phone and avoid the vulnerability of a cut land-line connection.

That is something that would be worth doing for many, I wonder if it would be that easy as just using that system. My alarm co wanted near 1200.00 to do a cell system dialer.
ransley wrote:

Here's one called the "Dock-N-Talk" Units are available on Ebay from $75 or so http://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp
Here's another http://www.cell2telgateway.com/cell2tel.php
Both require Bluetooth, but Bluetooth adaptors are available for non-blue cellphones.
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:45:30 -0400, Hipupchuck

To me, the main advantage of home phone is that you can have several of them. If your cell phone has bluetooth, look at this: (Amazon.com product link shortened)44858875&sr=1-1
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

I havnt heard of that but there is Blue Tooth home phones, just a cordless home phone system that does Blue Tooth, Google Blue Tooth Home Phones, GE, Vtech, ATT have them. I am getting it and not going to use it for land line but a Cell extender. Vtech seems to have a nice unit you can use different cell numbers and get maybe 6 handsets. I think its called Dect6 but am not sure. www.smithgear.com carries a few makes.
JIMMIE wrote:

I believe they are common in Europe.
Lou

I wanted to get away from carrying my cell phone with me everywhere in the house and also tired of paying for both wired and wireless.
Jimmie
JIMMIE wrote:

I have an old analog bag phone that has a device that plugs in to let me fax and use regular telephones, it cost $175.00 15 years ago. Analog no longer works in my area but when I go to a large metropolitan area I have tested the phone and it still works, but cellular companies won't let me use it for service so I can use a company called American Roaming to buy air time and use a special number to make calls. It won't receive calls, but you can call out.
There is a way to rig up a telephone handset to a cell phone so you can use it to talk, but if you try to rig up a complete telephone to it you will burn out your cell phone. I have the instructions and will rig it up as soon as I get a part I'm waiting for. It plugs into where a headset goes. On the directions it shows someone sitting on the subway using it and people staring in amazement.
Other than that you're SOL.
Sea Dog
Sea Dog wrote:

I wonder if a shoe phone will work. *snicker*
TDD

Why would you burn out your cell
ransley wrote:

The directions don't go into specifics as to what causes it to burn out.
Sea Dog

Are these printed directions by a phone manufacturer, or a theory. I dont think harm would be done, it is just Blue Tooth.
Sea Dog wrote:

How many hundred more do you want for free? My buddy's friend has an alarm business and has a six foot high pile of those (along with the official Motorola alarm adapters) in his garage that they pulled out of his customers when carriers had the option to let analog to go dead.

Its pretty unlikely that analog service will exist except in a few areas for much longer.

George wrote:

The adapter for the telephone handset is for modern digital cell phones, not the old analog cell phones.
Sea Dog
There are a number of products available.
Google: "cell phone" "docking station"

On Jun 20, 8:53pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks, I had it shipped 2nd day but it got here in one. I love it. I can come home drop my phone in the charger and answer it from any room in the house. I can even take my cordless phone outside and leave my cellphone in the charger. Soon to have no phone bill because my employer pays for my cell phone.
Jimmie Jimmie
> Thanks, I had it shipped 2nd day but it got here in one. I love it. I

Except, I don't know if you heard, the government wants add income to people who used their employer provided cell phones for personal calls, so they can get more income tax!!!!!!!!!!