Cellphone battery replacement

I have an old Motorola cellphone that I keep so I can call 911 if I need to. The two batteries that I have don't hold a charge very well (I charge them once a week). I would like to get new ones but google has not been helpful. The number is DR123 6V. Any suggestions?
---MIKE---

---MIKE--- wrote:

pack and replace the cells. BTW, there are places on the web that do this service.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:23:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

alt.cellular.motorola
-- Oren
"If your not getting it from the horses mouth, You're listening to the wrong end."
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:23:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

I've used these guys TWICE with good results. http://www.batteries4less.com/motorola/motorola_toc.html
DA had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Cellphone-battery-replacement-251758-.htm :
---MIKE--- wrote:

You may have better luck searching by the cell phone model number rather than the battery. The markings on the battery could have been OEM model that was a replacement of another, better known battery sold under Motorola name.
Besides, there is Internet beyond Google. Try a search on eBay, Yahoo, Ask.com vary your search terms. Something must come up unless your phone was manufactured 20 years ago and belongs in a museum.
\\//. -------------------------------------
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 240936 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
I have an old Motorola cellphone that I keep so I can call 911 if I need to. The two batteries that I have don't hold a charge very well (I charge them once a week). I would like to get new ones but google has not been helpful. The number is DR123 6V. Any suggestions?
---MIKE---

Try these guys http://www.batteriesandbutter.com /
I bought four batteries for our LG phones at work and they are better than the originals. Free shipping on orders over $50
I have an old Motorola cellphone that I keep so I can call 911 if I need to. The two batteries that I have don't hold a charge very well (I charge them once a week). I would like to get new ones but google has not been helpful. The number is DR123 6V. Any suggestions?
What phone?
Check eBay... I've had great luck there.
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:23:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

Why not ask on alt.cellular
---MIKE--- wrote:

You can get a new cell phone at WalMart (and other places) for $20.00.
on 9/20/2007 6:23 PM ---MIKE--- said the following:

Are you keeping it in standby mode, or keeping it turned off? In standby mode, the battery is being used so that the phone can receive calls. My cellphone battery only lasts about 3 days when in standby mode without using the phone. For a new battery, look in the phone book for the authorized service center for Motorola cellphones, or the wireless service (Verizon, Nextel, Sprint, T Mobile, etc).

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY